- ALDI supports Barnardos Mother of the Year Awards
- sourcing sustainably caught fish
- ALDI Australian Packaging Covenant 2010 - 2015 Action Plan
- ALDI supports Do Something Near You
- ALDI’s commitment to nutrition earns a big Tick
- ALDI corporate responsibility
- ALDI CR policy
- all ALDI laundry detergents to be phosphate free by 2013
- ALDI supports the work of Barnardos
- ALDI teams up with Foodbank, OzHarvest and Second Bite
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities Report 2012
- our commitment to environmental sustainability
- Carbon Reduction Label Program
- ALDI leads industry to remove artificial food colours
- consumer quality assurance
- textiles quality testing
ALDI supports the work of Barnardos
At ALDI we believe in making a significant and tangible contribution to one charity. Since 2003 we have been supporting the amazing work Barnardos undertakes to help Australian families and provide children with a better life.
Barnardos has been working with children for over 120 years. It is one of the largest children's charities in Australia, assisting over 8,000 children, young people and their families annually from all backgrounds and cultural heritage.
Specifically, Barnardos helps children who may be suffering from, or who are at risk of abuse, neglect, homelessness or poverty. They may also be at risk of being placed in welfare care. The work of Barnardos deals particularly with the prevention of abuse and entry into care. Barnardos operates children's family centres, permanency programs for 'out of home' care, adolescent services and advocacy work.
We regularly provide Barnardos with children's books, clothing, bed linen, electrical items and other household goods to distribute to those who need them most.
ALDI helped Barnardos kick off their 2010 Winter Appeal with a $50,000 donation.Learn more about Barnardos and their important work by visiting: www.barnardos.com.au