- ALDI supports Barnardos Mother of the Year Awards
- sourcing sustainably caught fish
- ALDI Australian Packaging Covenant 2010 - 2015 Action Plan
- ALDI supports Do Something Near You
- ALDI’s commitment to nutrition earns a big Tick
- ALDI corporate responsibility
- ALDI CR policy
- all ALDI laundry detergents to be phosphate free by 2013
- ALDI supports the work of Barnardos
- ALDI teams up with Foodbank, OzHarvest and Second Bite
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities Report 2012
- our commitment to environmental sustainability
- Carbon Reduction Label Program
- ALDI leads industry to remove artificial food colours
- consumer quality assurance
- textiles quality testing
textiles quality testing - our commitment to your comfort
We are committed to thoroughly testing the clothes we sell to ensure we provide customers with clothing of the highest quality.
All apparel is tested for fading when washed with water, detergents and/or bleach substances, to ensure it retains colour when wet or damp. Tests are also conducted to determine if a garment should be dried in the shade, and whether dry cleaning is suitable.
The durability of different surface prints and coatings on fabrics are investigated as well as the appearance and accessories of every garment to ensure clothing is hard-wearing and offers customers outstanding value.
Strength, stretchability, shrinkage and movability are examined to make certain the most suitable materials and woven fabrics have been used.
Abrasion resistance is tested to gauge the ability of each garment to function as intended. Items such as jeans and work-wear are particularly scrutinised with regard to their ability to hold up under everyday abrasive pressure.
Garment seams are tested for strength to determine whether reinforcement is required. In the instance where reinforcement is necessary, garments may have additional seams and over-locking closures to enhance resilience.
All ALDI clothing is assessed and labelled according to the percentage of fibres in the overall composition enabling customers to make informed purchasing decisions.
Climates, breathability and wind and water resistance are also considered. For example, skiwear is not constructed with cooling properties and high-velocity sportswear does not include warming properties, therefore providing wearers with optimum comfort.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our customers we test clothing for the presence of chemicals and toxins known to be harmful in clothing including:
None of the clothing sold in ALDI stores contain these chemicals.
Care labels are allocated to all of our clothing based on the above testing, and directions should be followed when caring for items at home to maximise the longevity of your chosen garment.