- sourcing sustainably caught fish
- ALDI Australian Packaging Covenant 2010 - 2015 Action Plan
- ALDI supports Do Something Near You
- ALDI’s commitment to nutrition earns a big Tick
- ALDI corporate responsibility
- ALDI CR policy
- all ALDI laundry detergents to be phosphate free by 2013
- ALDI supports the work of Barnardos
- ALDI teams up with Foodbank, OzHarvest and Second Bite
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities Report 2012
- our commitment to environmental sustainability
- Carbon Reduction Label Program
- ALDI leads industry to remove artificial food colours
- consumer quality assurance
- textiles quality testing
ALL ALDI food grocery items now free of artificial food colours
At ALDI, our responsibility to customers is intrinsically linked to the health and nutrition of all our products, and we are constantly reviewing our range to improve its nutritional content.
To that end, we are pleased to say that ALDI is now completely free of artificial food colours – across both exclusive brand lines and branded food items.
We worked very closely with our suppliers to remove all artificial food colours used in Australian food manufacturing to provide consumers with peace of mind - particularly parents who are constantly on the lookout for natural alternatives.
The artificial food colours were either replaced with natural substitutes, or nothing at all and the reformulated products are of the same high quality and taste our customers have become accustomed to.
ALDI initiated the reformulation following a study by researchers at the University of Southampton which demonstrated increased levels of hyperactivity in young children consuming some artificial food colours.
The six artificial food colours highlighted in the University of Southampton study, which have been removed from ALDI’s exclusive branded food products, are:
104 Quinoline Yellow
110 Sunset Yellow
129 Allura Red
In addition, we removed the following eight artificial food colours used in Australian food manufacturing:
123 Amaranth Purple
127 Erythrosine Cherry Red
132 Indigo Blue
133 Brilliant Blue
These are just a couple of the many initiatives we have underway to ensure the highest quality of our products.